Furniture and Products for the Work-From-Home Lifestyle
If you’ve never worked from home or needed a home office, you will need to create a space that offers all the conveniences of the office, with the comforts of being at home. This might seem like a daunting task, but you aren’t alone.
Things to Consider When Creating Your Home Office
The key to a successful work-from-home lifestyle is creating a space that supports efficiency in a non-traditional work environment. The first step to creating that space is to select a room or area of your home to designate as your office. If you need quiet or privacy to work, set up your office in a room with a door or in an area away from the main living space in your home. Once you’ve selected your space, here are some tips and ideas to help you furnish it:
The Best Desks for Home Offices
The best way to set up your home workspace is to ensure that you are sitting with your back and neck straight, and your arms parallel to the floor.
Other than that, the type of desk you choose depends on your available space and necessary surface area. Do you need a lot of drawers to reduce clutter? Do you prefer an L-shaped desk so you can spread things out as you work?
Studies show that a standing desk is good for your health and can maximize your productivity throughout the day.
How to Buy an Ergonomic Office Chair for Long Work Hours
The most important piece of furniture in any home office is the desk chair. An office chair with a variety of adjustment types supports a wider range of body types, guaranteeing comfort through each long workday. The best chairs have these ergonomic features:
- Height adjustment mechanism
- The ability to turn 360 degrees
- Adjustable backrest and armrests
- Seat depth variations
- Lumbar support
Other Home Office Products You Might Need
A successful home office requires more than the right desk for your space and an ergonomic chair. Consider these additional items to make your space as productive as possible:
- Clutter can be very distracting, so consider investing in a wheeled file cabinet that can also act as a surface to place your printer. Or, if you are short on floor space, a wall-mounted bookshelf or magazine rack can help keep papers off your desk.
- You’re going to have a lot of (potentially expensive) electronics to plug in, so invest in a power strip with surge protection, or battery backup to protect your work in the case of power outages.
- If your office space is short on windows and natural light, add some lighting to your space with a desk lamp.
- If you expect to have visitors in your office space, you’ll need to acquire additional seating options to make their visit comfortable.
Why Choose PVI Office Furniture?
PVI has been providing high-quality, affordable office furniture and design services to the Maryland, DC & Northern Virginia area for over 25 years. As the largest new and used office furniture showroom and warehouse in MD, we offer complete office furniture solutions with all-inclusive professional office space planning, as well as in-house delivery and installation. Your satisfaction is our top priority – if you are ever unsatisfied with our products or services, our team will make it right, guaranteed.