PVI Office Furniture is hiring! We are seeking candidates for the position of Showroom Manager. This position will work out of our Frederick, MD. showroom and will be responsible for the inside salesforce.
A Showroom Manager is a professional within PVI Office Furniture’s organization that plays a vital role by ensuring that the store performs to expectations and in a manner that is consistent with the Company’s core values and vision. This individual promotes company policy and procedures by leading by example and exhibits a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
Key areas of responsibility:
The primary function of a Showroom Manager is to oversee the showroom operations and to directly monitor, manage and motivate the sales team, to plan, direct and coordinate operations and logistics to meet or exceed sales goals in accordance with established company guidelines.
The Showroom Manager maintains a significant visible presence on the Sales Floor to drive engagement and sales; to assist with customer experience opportunities timely and effectively while promoting and exhibiting PVI’s mission. This person is also responsible for making sure both the New & Used Showrooms are customer ready at all times as well as welcoming customers coming into PVI and assisting on the phones.
The Showroom Manager is responsible for confirming the integrity of inventory, including appropriate tracking for online items and validates merchandise is tagged and staged to achieve optimum sales levels at all times. The Showroom Manager enforces safety, and all other policies and procedures and takes immediate action to report and correct violations.
The Showroom Manager will complete annual reviews in a timely manner and continually assesses the performance of associates and support staff working to promote productivity and efficiency. The Showroom Manager will partner with management to evaluate, recommend and execute appropriate employee discipline in accordance with established Company guidelines. This person will also share input with hiring and the dismissal of members of the salesforce.
Develop top level communication with vendors, alerting them to changes, improvements, sales targets and challenges. Remain informed on their planned product launches, price changes, etc. The Showroom Manager will also develop a training schedule with the salesforce.
Desired Skills, Experience and Personality Traits:
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in sales with proven positive sales result
- You have furniture sales and/or design experience
- You have excellent communication skills, written and spoken
- You are computer literate (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Social Media Platforms)
- You have a strong passion for sales, merchandising and customer service
- You are able to balance between pushing sales and having the patience to build long term customer relationships
- You are a social networker with people skills that are happy to seek and approach new business opportunities
- You want to be part of a high-performing retail team and always strive for being an active and inspiring team player
- You are self-initiated