Office Furniture Installer
The Office Furniture Installer is responsible for receiving and installation of office furniture and office furniture systems, service work on office furniture and systems at client sites.
PVI Office Furniture Plus depends on its Office Furniture Delivery Drivers to provide a high level of customer service and satisfaction to our customers. As the Office Furniture Delivery Driver for PVI Office Furniture Plus you are our companies’ greatest selling point and providing a seamless stress free experience for our clients and it is the utmost importance.
Overview of Position:
- Load furniture orders onto truck and delivers product to customer; completes furniture assembly/installation as per installation specifications to meet customer satisfaction; inspects furniture for proper operability per manufacturer’s guidelines
- Install all types of free-standing furniture, panel and modular systems; this includes placement, leveling, wipe-down, job site clean up and touch-up of metal and wood furniture at customer location
- Maintain an efficient turn around on all office furniture repair service calls. Completes all required furniture service/repair paperwork (warranty or non-warranty)
- Unload incoming furniture products from vendors using warehouse equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jack)
- Follow all safety procedures in the performance to job duties
- Daily interaction with customers, market furniture staff, and warehouse furniture management
You are required to have the following tools:
- Box cutter with extra blades
- Cordless drill w/charger (no impact drills)
- Assorted bits for drill p2, p3, Robertson, hex, etc.
- Screwdrivers (Phillips and flat) assorted sizes
- Tape measure standard
- Rubber mallet (not black)
- Set of allen wrenches (standard & metric)
- Assorted wrenches (standard)
- Pry bar
- Torpedo level
- Channel locks
- Electric tester
- Tin snips
- Small storage bins to hold hardware (screw, brackets) in tool box
- Tool box
Must be willing to comply with a corporate culture of team work, (working together as part of a team in order to achieve the desired goal of taking care of our internal and external customer by producing a quality product efficiently and in a timely manner).
We are looking for individuals who require minimum supervision, and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done right and can be relied to show up to our warehouse on-time, every day. We seek individuals who are willing to take direction and be willing to learn new tasks. If you know that you will have activities that will prevent you from being to work our schedule, please do not apply. Thank you.
- One or more years of related work experience; installation of commercial office furniture preferred.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
You will be working in a warehouse environment while in our Frederick, MD facility. While out for deliveries, you will be in various offices environments. Respect and understanding of how an office operates is a necessity. Heavy physical activity required, installers will routinely have to move, and lift heavy items weighing over 50 pounds. Position requires frequent driving, between company and client locations.
All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration. Applicants for driving position must also be approved for our corporate insurance policy prior to receiving an offer of employment.
PVI Office Furniture provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PVI Office Furniture complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
$12-14 per hour, depending on experience. This is a full time, 40 hour per week position.
About PVI Office Furniture:
PVI Office Furniture has been a proud provider of new and used office furniture to the Maryland, Washington, DC, and Virginia area for 25 years. With our massive inventory of furniture located at our Frederick, MD showroom and warehouse, we have office furniture for any budget or office size. But it’s not just our stock that sets us apart. We focus on customer satisfaction and providing our customers with convenient services like delivery, office furniture assembly, and office space layout from start to finish!
We know exceeding our customers’ expectations is one of the reasons they keep coming back to us and have allowed us to grow over the years. As an employer, we strive to create a stable work environment that allows to have loyal, long term employees who want to give back that loyalty to our customers.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE. DIRECT CANDIDATES ONLY. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. Thank you.
Date posted: 1/2018
Valid through: 9/2018