Home Office Furniture in Maryland, Washington, DC & Northern Virginia
If you’re setting up a new home office or if your current home office furniture just isn’t working for you, PVI offers a world of options. We’re office furniture experts, providing all the computer desks, office chairs, file cabinets, and more that your home office needs. You can create a stylish and supremely functional office in your DC, Northern VA, or MD home with a little help from PVI.
Take a few minutes to browse through our huge selection of new and gently used home office furnishings here online. Check out examples from all the top home office furniture manufacturers we carry. If you’d like to see your options in person, we invite you to visit our large home office furniture showroom in nearby Frederick, MD.
Contact PVI for office furniture or call us at (301) 694-7162. We are happy to answer any questions to help you find home office furniture that perfectly fits your needs.
Getting Started with Home Office Furniture
Having the right home office furniture is essential to productivity. If you work in a home office with files and papers stacked in every spare corner, it’s time for you to upgrade your space.
You don’t need a whole lot to make your space into the perfect home office. We suggest these office furniture essentials to start in your home office design:
- Organized shelving with places for files, correspondence, and bills
- An ergonomic office chair
- A new office desk equipped with places for your keyboard, cords, and essential documents
- Correct lighting that makes the room bright and cheerful
Before you figure out your layout, check out our new and used office furniture to see what would work well in your home office! Contact us today to order your home office furniture in Maryland, DC, or VA, or visit our warehouse!
How to Choose the Best Home Office Furniture
At your home office, you’ll need stylish, professional furnishings that reflect your personal taste, your brand image, and the industry in which you work. That’s especially true if you see clients there, but even if you work on your own or see clients elsewhere, you still need comfortable home office furniture that pleases the eye. Great office furniture must also keep you organized and make your work easier to do. Consider choosing a streamlined, minimalist style desk or computer table if space is at a premium in your home office. An adjustable sit/stand desk could be ideal to make your work sessions seem shorter and provide you more energy when you need it.
- Find the right desk. While you likely won’t be able to fit a huge desk with a return in your home office, there are smaller desks that will provide the right amount of space with easily accessible storage. Through our new desk vendor, OfficeSource, we can provide desks that are both small enough to fit in even the tiniest home offices, yet efficient enough to incorporate much-needed storage space.
- Decide which file cabinets fit best in your home office. You’re going to need storage space for all your documents. That means finding the right file cabinets that provide the appropriate amount of storage without sacrificing style. Whether you want wood file cabinets that are longer or metal file cabinets that are taller, PVI can provide you with the style that best suits your home office.
- Don’t skimp on an office chair. There are enough distractions at home, and if you’re uncomfortable, you can pretty much throw productivity out the window. Select a comfortable, ergonomic home office desk chair, which is easily adjustable to fit your body size. An ergonomic chair is also ideal so you can sit at the proper angle to, and distance from, your computer screen, and vary your position from time to time to avoid fatigue. Some of our customers prefer a mesh office chair for its modern-yet-retro look and cool comfort. We also offer eco-friendly office furniture.
- Invest in quality lighting. Quality lighting can set the mood of an office space, and that’s no different for a home office. Good, quality lighting is essential for any home office furniture collection.
Working from Home: Office Design Tips
Unfortunately, many don’t have the necessary space to have a large, luxurious home office. So when trying to layout your home office, it’s important to make the most out of your space with efficient placement of office furniture. That way, you can fit everything in the room, without sacrificing the usability that you crave for your home office. Once you have the space for your home office picked out, here are a few tips to start maximizing your space:
- Build vertically. In the tighter space of a home office, using the height of the room is essential. This means installing shelves on the walls in order to fit the office supplies and decorations you want in your office. By taking full advantage of your wall space and the verticality of your home office, you can create a more open floor plan that won’t leave you feeling claustrophobic.
- Take advantage of your natural light. One of the best things about working from your home office is escaping the harsh fluorescent lights of the office. If the office space you’ve picked out for your home office has a window that lands in direct sunlight, position your desk so that you can experience the benefits of having light shine on your desk without the downside of screen glare. You can do this by either facing your window or by positioning your desk perpendicular to the window. Natural light has been found to increase productivity, so be sure to take advantage!
- Make sure your chair is on the right surface. If your desk chair has wheels, the surface of your home office could be an issue. Fortunately, there are easy fixes! If your home has hardwood floors, buying a plastic mat will eliminate scratching and marks on your floors. If you have carpet, your wheels could get stuck, limiting your mobility. The same mat should work just fine for this, too.
Attractive Office Furniture for Your Home in the DMV Area
Choose from many unique finish options and materials for your home office desk and chair. You could opt for a variety of wood grains and types/shades or choose a desk that matches the wall color of your office (for the illusion of more space). You can also choose a desk or chair with a pop of color, to brighten your day at your home office and spark creativity.
PVI has everything you need for your home office, including:
- Home office desks
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Ergonomic chairs
- Conference tables
- Filing cabinets
- Used home office furniture
- Corner desks
- Computer tables
- Executive chairs
- Computer risers and office accessories
- And much more
Get Expert Home Office Furniture Advice from PVI
If you’d like help narrowing down the vast selection found here online or at our expansive Frederick, MD office furniture warehouse, our expert sales staff is ready to help you find the items that are perfect for your specific home office needs. Our team is familiar with all the latest home office styles from the best brands and we carry an impressive selection of gently used home office furniture as well.
Tell us about your home office needs! Contact PVI online or call us at (301) 694-7162 for insightful advice. You can also visit our showroom in Frederick, MD.