Careers – Office Furniture Delivery Driver
The Office Furniture Deliver Driver is responsible for driving our fleet box trucks and other vehicles throughout the Maryland, Washington, DC, Virginia and Pennsylvania service area. In addition to driving our vehicles, you will also be responsible for receiving, and installation of office furniture and systems, service work on office furniture and systems at client sites.
PVI Office Furniture Plus depends on its Office Furniture Delivery Drivers to provide a high level of customer service and satisfaction to our customers. As the Office Furniture Delivery Driver for PVI Office Furniture Plus you are our companies’ greatest selling point and providing a seamless stress free experience for our clients and it is the utmost importance.
Overview of Position:
- Team oriented individual.
- Possess a valid DOT Physical card and have a good driving record.
- Assist in loading trucks for the next day’s deliveries
- Safely deliver furniture to the job site. Unload, install and return to PVI.
- Perform routine checks on the truck to include checking the oil and transmission fluid, checking the tire wear, draining and filling DEF tank.
- Assist Foreman in completing jobs.
- Commercial office furniture assembly experience necessary
- Ability to assemble products per written instructions with little to no supervision
- Ability to understand and fulfill work tickets after a short period of orientation/instruction to include pulling, building, tagging and staging items properly
- Willingness to follow written/oral instructions
- Able to carry and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to bend and stand for extended periods
- Must have reliable transportation
- Arrive to work on time daily in proper work attire. PVI provide uniforms for all warehouse personnel.
- Must have tools required to assemble furniture. See tool list below.
- Ensure all items are loaded on the truck for the next day’s deliveries
- Assist warehouse personnel when not out on deliveries to include assembly and cleanup of warehouse
- Call customers 24 hours prior (and day of delivery) delivery to give estimated arrival time and ensure customer has payment ready if a COD (ensure that payment is correct)
- Receive payment from customer on completion of delivery.
- Be available occasionally to work weekends and overtime as necessary
Tool List. You are required to have the following tools:
- Box cutter with extra blades
- Cordless drill w/charger (no impact drills)
- Assorted bits for drill p2, p3, Robertson, hex, etc.
- Screwdrivers (Phillips and flat) assorted sizes
- Tape measure standard
- Rubber mallet (not black)
- Set of allen wrenches (standard & metric)
- Assorted wrenches (standard)
- Pry bar
- Torpedo level
- Channel locks
- Electric tester
- Tin snips
- Small storage bins to hold hardware (screw, brackets) in tool box
- Tool box
Must be willing to comply with a corporate culture of team work, (working together as part of a team in order to achieve the desired goal of taking care of our internal and external customer by producing a quality product efficiently and in a timely manner).
Please note, this position is not a managerial position. This position reports to the management of PVI Office Furniture. While on the job site, you will be tasked with ensuring the delivery runs smoothly. You are responsible for installing office furniture and to work with the installation team to ensure the installation of the office furniture is completed.
We are looking for individuals who require minimum supervision, and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job right and can be relied to show up to our warehouse on-time, every day. We seek individuals who are willing to take direction and be willing to learn new tasks. If you know that you will have activities that will prevent you from being to work our schedule, please do not apply. Thank you.
- One or more years of related work experience; installation of commercial office furniture preferred.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
You will be working in a warehouse environment while in our Frederick, MD facility. While out for deliveries, you will be in various offices environments. Respect and understanding of how an office operates is a necessity. Heavy physical activity required, installers will routinely have to move, and lift heavy items weighing over 50 pounds. Position requires frequent driving, between company and client locations.
All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration. Applicants for driving position must also be approved for our corporate insurance policy prior to receiving an offer of employment.
PVI Office Furniture provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PVI Office Furniture complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary: $12-16 per hour, depending on experience. This is a full time, 40 hour per week position.
About PVI Office Furniture:
PVI Office Furniture has been a proud provider of new and used office furniture to the Maryland, Washington, DC, and Virginia area for 25 years. With our massive inventory of furniture located at our Frederick, MD showroom and warehouse, we have office furniture for any budget or office size. But it’s not just our stock that sets us apart. We focus on customer satisfaction and providing our customers with convenient services like delivery, office furniture assembly, and office space layout from start to finish!
We know exceeding our customers’ expectations is one of the reasons they keep coming back to us and have allowed us to grow over the years. As an employer, we strive to create a stable work environment that allows to have loyal, long term employees who want to give back that loyalty to our customers.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE. DIRECT CANDIDATES ONLY. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. Thank you.
We will not accept walk-in applications at our Frederick, MD showroom. You must submit your application via our website. Click here to complete the application
Date posted: 1/2018
Valid through: 9/2018