Delivery DriverApply Now
PVI Office Furniture depends on this Delivery Driver to provide a high level of customer service and satisfaction to our customers. In this position you are our company’s greatest selling point and providing a seamless stress-free experience for our clients is of the utmost importance.
Overview of Position:
- Start shift reviewing manifest and verifying all packages are loaded in truck.
- Inspect truck before leaving and report to supervisor.
- Drive truck and park truck following location’s parking requirements.
- Unload product following safety regulations.
- Deliver product according to customer’s specifications.
- Communicate with the warehouse during the day on discrepancies or issues that arise during the day’s deliveries.
- Inspect truck and report to supervisor before leaving for the day.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the trucks on a daily basis.
- Perform any other tasks that are assigned by Warehouse Manager
- Must be willing to comply with a corporate culture of teamwork, (working together as part of a team in order to achieve the desired goal of taking care of our internal and external customer by producing a quality product efficiently and in a timely manner).
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 years previous warehouse experience preferred
- Good communication; organizational and mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
- Able to work overtime hours as needed
- Inventory; equipment maintenance; data entry and basic computer skills are required
- Experience driving 18 ft. and 24 ft. trucks (Non CDL)
Physical Demands and Abilities
- Regularly lift and or move objects 10-50 pounds; occasionally lift and move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; stoop; kneel or crouch for an extended amount of time
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance for periods of time
- Able to operate sit down forklift and a standup order picker (we will train you)
You will be working in a warehouse environment while in our Frederick, MD facility. Heavy physical activity required. Warehouseman will routinely have to move and lift heavy items weighing over 50 pounds.
All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
PVI Office Furniture provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PVI Office Furniture complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. Overtime may be required at times.