If you own or manage a business, chances are you have important files and documents that are crucial to keep safe—which is why every business should invest in a . Unfortunately, a fire can happen in any business. Whether your office is above a restaurant and there is a fire in the kitchen or there is a spark in the HVAC room, a fire can happen—which means you should be prepared.
Fireproof file cabinets are a great choice for businesses owners to prevent damage in case of a disaster.
Reasons to Invest in a Fireproof Cabinet
There are many reasons to store information in a fireproof file cabinet. However, here are the top four reasons you should start storing information in these cabinets:
- Protect business information – if you are a business with many important paper files, protecting these documents is a must. Whether its important passwords you need for your company to run, credit card information, HR records, or tax records, it’s important to keep these files safe and secure.
- Protect client information – do you have client records on file? If you are a hospital, education facility, or law firm, having these documents is crucial for your business to function. Keep it safe and store information in a fireproof file cabinet.
- Maintain organization – if you keep your most important documents in a special cabinet, it will allow you to be more organized and avoid sorting through all the cabinets in your office.
- Increase security – if your business has many employees and many documents in cabinets, chances are many people have keys and cabinets get left unlocked. Increase security measures by putting the most important documents in fireproof cabinets. This will ensure only certain people have access to the files and the cabinet stays locked.
Ready to Purchase a Fireproof File Cabinet?
If you are ready to purchase a fireproof file cabinet for your business, look no further than PVI. We are located in Frederick, Maryland and can throughout the Washington, DC metro area.
When you choose the ever-popular vertical or lateral file cabinets from this manufacturer, you enjoy the following features:
- 1-Hour Class 350 Fire Rating, meaning the file cabinet can withstand external temperatures up to 1700 degrees for one hour while keeping the contents at 350 degrees or less (paper begins to char at 400 degrees)
- High impact rating giving the file cabinet the ability to survive a fall of 30 feet and still maintain its fire-protecting abilities
- Asbestos-free, dry insulation able to protect the file cabinet’s contents for a lifetime
- Replaceable steel panels
- Exterior-mounted handles
- High-security locks
- Lifetime limited warranty