2016 Holiday Office Furniture Gift Guide
Office furniture is a practical gift for the holidays. Do you need a gift for your boss? Or a gift for an employee? Office furniture is the gift that keeps on giving after the holidays. A new monitor stand or perhaps new file cabinet? Maybe you want to give the gift of health and well-being for that special someone on your list – what about standup desk or ergonomic chair? Office furniture can be a great bonus for those employees who have put in the extra and effort over the past year as well – without breaking your budget.
At PVI Office Furniture, we’ve put together our own 2016 office furniture holiday gift list to make it easy for you:
Ergonomic Office Chairs:
Ergonomic chairs a great gift to anyone who works at a desk all day. There are many ergonomic chairs on the market – we recommend the ergonomic chairs from OfficeSource and have a wide selection for you to choose from at our Frederick, MD showroom. Ergonomic chairs promote healthy and flexible sitting allowing individuals to work effectively and these chair promote active sitting as well – which can lead to fewer sick days and better productivity as well.
The following features are very important to consider when looking for an ergonomic chair:
- Seat height – should be easily adjustable.
- Seat width and depth – should have enough width and depth to support any user comfortably.
- Lumbar support – lower back support is very crucial.
- Backrest – should be adjustable in both vertical and backward/forward directions.
- Arm rests – should be adjustable.
- Swivel – any ergonomic chair should rotate easily.
- Stability – a five-star base is recommended for most working environments.
- Seat material – the material on the seat and back should have enough padding to be comfortable to sit on for extended periods of time.
A standing desk, also called a stand-up desk, is basically a desk that allows you to stand up comfortably while working. Many modern versions are adjustable, so that you can change the height of the desk and alternate between sitting and standing. These are referred to as height-adjustable desks, or sit-stand desks.
The research on stand-up desk is currently in the early stages, it does appear that using a standing desk can have impressive benefits for health. These desks have been shown to increase productivity. The main benefit of using a stand-up desk is that it can negate the harmful effects of sitting too much.
We recommend the StandUp desk from Officesource and you can take several different versions of this desk for a test drive in our Frederick, MD showroom. They are very easy to install and operate in a home office as well.
Another great idea for a holiday gift is the Hover Helium line from RightAngle. The best part of these products is that if you didn’t want to make the comment to the standup desk, you can transform your current desk into a “sit to stand” desk with use of the Hover Helium, Jr. monitor stand. We have several options in our Frederick, Md showroom you can review and see which one works for you.
Here are some of the featured benefits of the Hover Helium, Jr:
- Transform your traditional desk into a sit-stand workstation.
- Adjustable counterbalance system.
- Easily adjust height and swivel to keep your workspace comfortable all day long.
- Adjustable keyboard and monitor arm which remains stable while typing.
- Clamp or grommet mount, maximum worksurface thickness 1¾”.
- VESA mounting plate and column wire management included.
- Minimal footprint.
- Maximum monitor weight: 24 pounds
- Travel Range: 16”. Monitor travel range: 5”.
Always a great option is a new filing cabinet. Filing cabinet is a terrific gift for anyone who needs extra storage in their office. And as we are wrapping up another year, it’s a great time to prepare to organize your office. 2-drawer filing cabinets are easy to slide under a desk to add extra space and eliminate the clutter that always ends up on everyone’s desk at the end of the year. And for added security, consider gifting a FireKing file cabinet. These cabinet protect important documents from major disasters – such as floods, fire and other unfortunate events. It’s a good “peace of mind” gift for anyone on your list.
Office furniture is a practical gift for the holidays and not just another “gift card”. These pieces will last and can be reused repeatedly. The investment in office furniture for the holidays can be a great way to show your appreciation to your staff and to those whom you know have home offices and need to upgrade their chair, filing or desk systems. At PVI Office Furniture, we wish a happy, jolly holiday and be sure to visit our Frederick, MD showroom for all your holiday and everyday office furniture needs in Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, or Washington, DC. Our Office Furniture Consultants are ready to answer your questions and provide you with top-notch services. Ready to get in touch? Contact us online or call us at 301.694.7162!