PVI Office Furniture is hiring! We are seeking candidates for Office Furniture Account Sales Representative or our Frederick, MD showroom.
PVI Office Furniture has been a premier full service office furniture reseller for over 25 years in the DC/MD/VA area. Our clients range from home and small business owners to large corporations. We specialize in office furniture for healthcare, education, small businesses, and large corporations. We offer an array of services including installation, delivery, space planning, and project management services. Our showroom in Frederick, MD is the largest in Central Maryland featuring new, closeout and pre-owned office furniture.
Overview of position:
The Office Furniture Account Sales Representative utilizes sales and organizational skills to develop and maintain business relationships with new and existing clients to provide a wide range of commercial furniture and architectural solutions. S/he develops business opportunities through networking and cold calling, generates informational material and quotes for clients in a timely, organized fashion closes sale, and works with a sales team that includes design, project management and installation to achieve complete, successful projects for our clients. Follow-up with customers to respond to questions and provide alternate solutions is essential. Oversight of project from inception through installation is critical. Establishing relationships with manufacturer’s representatives and design firms is required. Participation in department meetings and activities in support of the project team is also required.
- Prospect for office furniture sales opportunities and manage the day to day relationship with existing clients.
- Drive sales and profitability by leading the development of creative and innovative solutions to meet client needs.
- Develop business relationships with various influencers to identify potential opportunities early.
- Collaborate with the clients to meet functional, aesthetic and budgetary requirements.
- Develop account plans with existing accounts that maximize penetration and retention.
- Develop strategies for improved sales growth.
- Some local travel required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Attain, develop and execute approaches to target and successfully win new accounts.
- Develop recognition in the marketplace.
- Build a network of relationships that drive leads.
- Maintain relationships and needs of existing customers.
- Respond to bids and requests for proposals.
- Communicate with marketing and management team to develop solutions
- Negotiate with prospective clients
- Personality: Self-motivated, resourceful, quick study, relationship driven, multi-tasker, strong work ethic, high energy, positive, assertive, detail oriented, strategic, team player, persistent, resilient.
- Knowledge: prospecting, probing, influencing, closing.
- Comfortable selling products at various levels from C-level executives to all levels of management, consultative selling, creating and delivering presentations, familiar with contracts and proposals.
- Knowledge of contract furniture industry and related products, applications, and design concepts preferred.
- Motivations: long term career, growth, recognition, money, affiliation, achievement, freedom, security.
- 3 years of general sales experience
- Office furniture industry knowledge
- Success in account relationships and selling
- Skills in negotiation
- Basic knowledge of computers, MS Office, Peachtree and social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook
- Basic knowledge of GIZA or similar AutoCad programs preferred.
- GSA Sales
- Design experience desired
- 3-5 years related sales experience working with B2B, B2C clients
- B.S. in Marketing or Business Management
- 50-75% local travel in the MD, DC, VA area.
This is a commission plus base salary paid position. Salary is based on experience.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK IN APPLICATIONS. WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT RESUMES SUBMITTED TO OUR WEBSITE. THANK YOU.